There’s no getting around the change of seasons in Franklin Lakes, it’s something we all have to be ready for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the front of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your cooling system. This, of course, means that it’s the best time to think about annual air conditioner service as well, but possibly not in the way that you had possibly thought.
Energy savings comes in various shapes and forms, to include:
- Air Conditioner Service. Many homeowners strictly associate air conditioner service with switching out filters, but having a tune-up performed can help your system run better, providing you with efficient comfort that can help you save on your monthly cooling bills.
- Take It Down A Notch. Altering the temperature on your thermostat even a couple degrees may help you save consistently throughout the year. It’s pretty clear, but when your system doesn’t have to operate as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy expenses.
- Filters. Another quick fix that most every homeowner can complete on their own, switching air conditioner filters every month or two during the cooling season helps air pass through more effortlessly, making less work for your air conditioner.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s easy to lose a lot of your cooled air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to take advantage of caulk and weatherstripping to close those pesky holes and keep the cool air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Total Comfort technician comes by for your annual air conditioner service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are an upgrade. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping reduce your monthly energy bills.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list complete, but there are a few simple ways to help boost your comfort when the temperatures go down in Franklin Lakes. Whether you’re calling to arrange annual air conditioner service or simply want to know which air conditioner filter is right for your system, give the team at Total Comfort a call at 201-268-5663 or schedule an appointment online to start saving a little more today.