Summer is upon us! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To optimize your comfort and really relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Franklin Lakes is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While Total Comfort consistently recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape in the heat.
- First, another chance to cite the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter consistently! Replace the filter in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the cold season. Starting your air conditioner before removing the cover can ultimately damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s operations. mow the grass, remove any debris and clear away overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you run it this summer. be mindful to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it clear and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where you need it and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These simple steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If you need to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Total Comfort in Franklin Lakes at 201-268-5663 today.