Before you start filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, be sure to schedule time to have your air conditioner examined by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not seem like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people wouldn’t argue that the summer months in Franklin Lakes are not the greatest time for an air conditioner to go out. Scheduling air conditioner service lets you be more proactive and our expert technicians can check for any red flags that indicate trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups pinpoint areas of concern, but it also helps your air conditioner operate as efficient as possible. Air conditioners are investments that you are required to continually check on and maintain to make sure you are maximizing the benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the optimal performance possible out of your air conditioner. A living space that offers home comfort is the main goal, but a properly running air conditioner also helps lower your energy bills and prolongs the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at least every three months, so the technician will check the cleanliness of the existing filter. By not changing your filters, you force your air conditioner to work harder and can also reduce the quality of the air in your house.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are never good things when talking about refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause extra stress on your system and too much will reduce how efficiently your air conditioner cools your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are lots of moving parts that are included in an air conditioner and when those moving parts become loose it increases the possibility of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can accumulate on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can impair efficiency and increase the amount of energy used.
The experts from Total Comfort in Franklin Lakes can provide a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, as well as help you by answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your home’s overall comfort levels. Give them a call at 201-268-5663 and keep cool this summer.