Having standard air conditioning service done at least annually can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Franklin Lakes season, have the professionals at Total Comfort complete your routine air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be completed during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Inspect for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, look for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, reclaim any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, rather than illegally discharging it to the atmosphere.
- Check for proper airflow in the system.
- Check the right electric control sequence to guarantee adequate sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Look for the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters routinely is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that simple can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to run at peak efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it regularly. We advise taking a look at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will depend on individual factors in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Total Comfort today at 201-268-5663.