During the colder Franklin Lakes months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your system breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it occurs, a simple call to Total Comfort will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got some indicators you should look for to help you establish if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you are faced with an emergency repair job. Call Total Comfort right away if you notice any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and leave the lights off until your furnace can be examined by a qualified technician or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is not big enough for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re running your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your utility costs, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from Total Comfort can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It might be a something as minimal as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, call us and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Total Comfort at 201-268-5663 or schedule an appointment with us online.