In Franklin Lakes you depend on your furnace
to keep you comfortable throughout the winter. If it’s been a while since you had a standard maintenance appointment for your heat pump
, you could be needing a furnace fix-up
visit sooner rather than later. Simply put, you could have a dirty air filter, which can obstruct air flow and impact your furnace’s execution. It could even create issues with your furnace’s control switch, which runs furnace operation.
There are many other reasons you may call for a furnace repair. We’ve assembled some indicators for you to look for. The sooner you can call for a heat pump maintenance, the better. Call in an expert, like Total Comfort, if you note any of these symptoms:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it running enough? Is it running all the time? Is the air blowing through as liberally as it should, or does it seem tired? Indications related to your blower could suggest a slight problem with your air filter or the interior blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you ramping up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still chilly? This could be a problem with your thermostat. It could be that your furnace is too little for your home. It may even be a problem with your gas source or your pilot light, among other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts working loudly or making noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be a problem.
- You smell gas. You certainly don’t want to meddle with this one. If you smell gas, turn off your furnace immediately and turn off its gas supply. Avoid lighting matches or changing on lights until your HVAC pro or your gas company inspects it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Many times this is a clogged condensation line. This could demand both plumbing and HVAC experts to solve.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is increasing, but your usage is not, there could be a number of issues. Your HVAC professional will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these signs, you’ll know when you need to schedule furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call Total Comfort at 201-268-5663 when you need to schedule repairs or annual maintenance.