As warmer weather rolls around, you might be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Franklin Lakes? Especially if your cooling unit is recently installed or was operating good last summer.
Here’s one way to contemplate it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new car and never expect to book any service for it, such as getting new oil or buying new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioner. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving components. Like a car, it can develop leaks and its moving components can break down.
Having your unit inspected annually by a Total Comfort professional can help spot minor troubles before they turn into large breakdowns. (And cause your unit to stop running!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your cooling system is located outside your home, it’s more vulnerable to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can greatly lower your equipment’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a pro to maintain complicated internal pieces.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that build up in your equipment can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these troubles can lead to higher energy use—and a higher energy bill!
- It could prolong your system’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and could even help it work for a greater period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly energy expenses and over the long run, since you won’t have to install new equipment as soon.
- It helps identify minor troubles before they become large, pricey troubles. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will closely examine pieces and complete a cycle of cooling performance tests. These in-depth processes often allow us to locate issues before they turn into extensive troubles that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps guarantee trouble-free cooling throughout the season. After your AC is maintained, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your equipment is ready to deliver worry-free air. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers call for seasonal maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this work, your system is open to early meltdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A quality AC maintenance should include an inspection and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC technician. Here’s some of the services we’ll complete:
We’ll examine the ensuing areas and components:
- Complete system condition
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the jobs we’ll complete:
- Replace air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lube moving parts
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Service Today with Total Comfort
Now is the best time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Total Comfort pros a shout at 201-268-5663 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we visit your residence, be sure to browse our discount offers for savings on your upcoming tune-up.