With warmer weather close by, now is the time to prepare your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is operating at its best, it can cut a large amount off your energy costs! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit requires service, it could significantly raise your bills and cause preventable and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Total Comfort expert complete air conditioning service
at least each year is critical to keeping your system operating at its best for a long time. He or she can be sure the unit is operating properly and can identify possible problems in advance of them happening, saving you even more money.
Your professional air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to scheduling your professional air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and intermittently throughout the year to make sure your air conditioner is at top performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you had it covered during cooler months. Utilizing your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it might damage your system and require big repairs or even replacement.
- Clear the area around your AC. Ensure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing too close to your AC unit because they could obstruct airflow through your AC. Also make sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch obstructing any piece of it.
Throughout the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or replaced during your skilled air conditioning service, it’s important for you to check them monthly and replace per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Each home has unique needs when dealing with air filter replacement, varying on things like owning house pets or performing home construction throughout the year.
Having your ducts cleaned routinely will also be sure your air conditioner is able to operate efficiently and will help you keep a cozy home. By adhering these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be ready for whatever summer brings your way. Give the pros at Total Comfort a call at [[phonenumber]].