It seems as though we are ever-connected to our smartphones. Whether it is email, looking for the latest sports scores or thumbing through Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be utilized for simple conveniences like knowing when you need air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These mean you can control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and didn’t remember to turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and update the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically change the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or away.
Smart thermostats have been discussed quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to change, they will surely become even more common. And why not? They do give you a host of perks and allow you to have the greatest control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they recognize your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re away so that you can get the greatest savings out there. Smart thermostats make sure that your comfort is always a peak priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you love to know when it’s time to change your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to arrange air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can rely on your system to notify you when there is an issue or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are created for easy integration across many different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can go with the perfect one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to evolve like most pieces of technology, but they already give you a variety of bonuses that can help better your comfort, potentially lessen your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to schedule air conditioner service. Total Comfort in Franklin Lakes has a number of thermostats to choose from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 201-268-5663.