Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Franklin Lakes during the cooler months, when they’re required to keep you toasty. While you know the team at Total Comfort will forever be there ASAP when you ask for us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is important and save yourself some expenses if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to realize the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, go back to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to check if it switches on.
- If everything looks right, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is a blockage causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call Total Comfort at 201-268-5663 and we’ll get your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.